Did you know that after losing someone you love, it can take fourteen days for life to get back to normal?… for everybody but you!
If you have lost a loved one, you may know what I’m talking about.In the beginning maybe you were overwhelmed by calls, flowers, meals, family and noise. But now, your world is quiet. And the silence can be deafening. As people return to the chaos of their lives, it’s easy to feel as though you’ve slipped under the radar. Where did everybody go?
Here are 6 things I wish I’d known about grief:
6) Just because you aren’t getting calls and cards every day doesn’t mean people have forgotten about you.
5) Putting on a big smile and pretending everything’s OK, when it’s really not will keep you stuck.
4) Even though some close friends may seem missing in action- sometimes unexpected people show up to help.
3) Hanging out with inspiring or funny people = good medicine; with no crummy side effects.
2) Mindless movies can be great therapy.
1) You are stronger than you think you are. You will survive this.
Would you like to connect with some amazing people who understand? Open to Hope is a phenomenal website – full of fresh Grief Relief TV, Radio and articles from people who have loved and lost; and are embracing life again.
Got a few moments? Join me with Open to Hope founders Dr. Gloria and Dr. Heidi Horsley as we talk about getting unstuck from grief.
What do you wish someone had told you? Please share your thoughts on the Grief Survivor facebook page.